REGAP Annual Picnic
Saturday, September 23, 2017
Bring your family and friends-come one, come all!
Don’t miss the fun…join us for the REGAP annual picnic reunion!
We are putting the “fun” in fundraising with games and contests like paw print art, bobbing for hot dogs, longest/shortest tail, tallest/shortest hound and an all-breed costume contest.
Let’s not forget the popular greyhound King and Queen contest, campaign for votes before and during the event.
The REGAP Shoppe and Clothiers will be open all day featuring greyhound novelty items as well all the essentials for your hound: order a custom coat or purchase cool coats, collars, martingale collar/leash combo’s, jammies and more…
Also, featuring vendors, hound pedicure booth for nail trimming, IL Special Event license plate booth, licensed dog trainer demo/class and cooling pools for the dogs. Campers & RVs are welcome overnight before/after the picnic with advance notice.
There will not be a large live auction this year, instead we will be having an online auction on our website https://regapgreyhounds.org/auction. Please remember that REGAP is a 501c3 non-profit. This picnic is the one time of year we gather to have fun and raise money for the operations of REGAP.
We will have lunch, greyhound memorial & blessing, basket raffle and 50/50 raffle, live auction, King & Queen contest, vendors and lots of greyhound family reunions 🙂
8:00 am – Field Gate Opens
10:00 am – Raffle Ticket Sales Begin
10:30 am – Blessing of the hounds
12:00 pm – Lunch will be served (please bring a side dish to share)
1:00 pm – Training Workshop, Games & Contests
2:00 pm – King and Queen Crowning and Costume Parade
2:30 pm – 50/50 & Basket Raffle winning tickets pulled
Entry fee is $15 per person or $20 per person on day of event. If you are one of the first 50 to register for the picnic before September 10th, you will receive a “swag bag” of goodies. These gift bags will only be distributed to those of you that have pre-registered, so register before 9/10/2017! You won’t regret it but you have to pick it up at the picnic, they will not be shipped.
What to bring:
- Bug spray
- Lawn chairs
- X-Pen (do not leave your dog(s) unattended)
- Portable tent
- Leashes and Muzzles
- Dog Treats and Water for your dog
- Cooler with your favorite drinks
- Credit Cards will be accepted for donations
The REGAP Specialty License Plates will also be available for purchase at the picnic. The cost of the plates will be $25 before and at the picnic, after the picnic the cost will be $30. There will be a bonus gift for anyone ordering at the picnic.
Camping is allowed, let us know by September 10, 2017 at firstname.lastname@example.org
IN THE PICNIC AREA
- We will have a blessing of the hounds at 10:00 am sharp. So arrive early.
- We have a REGAP Shoppe & REGAP Clothiers with many items for sale. ALL the profits from the stores go directly to the greyhounds.
- We will have other vendors with wonderful items to purchase.
- We will have a 50/50 split the pot raffle. Please purchase your tickets early. Drawing at 1:00 pm.
- We will have an area for you to get your dog’s nails trimmed.
- We will have a pre-sale booth for our REGAP license plates. You will receive a gift for paying for registration on the day of the picnic.
- We will have a greyhound memorial table to remember the hounds who have passed since last picnic. Send your pictures to email@example.com.
- We will have our King & Queen voting table. Vote early & often! Promote your contestant on Facebook & at the picnic!
- We will have great food & lots of fun! Please bring a side dish or desert to share.
ACCOMMODATIONS FOR THE PICNIC
Holiday Inn Express – Peru 815-224-2500
Comfort Inn – Mendota 815-538-3355
You can also choose to camp out in our field. Please let us know a week in advance. Thanks!